Kahu Mālama Award Dinner & Fundraiser
Kahu Mālama is our annual singature fundraiser since 2008. It evolved from the annual spaghetti dinner held in a Kaimuki school cafeteria from 1994. It is now anchored at the Leahi Club Lounge (former Hanohano Room), Sheraton Waikiki Resort.
Kahu Mālama means "caretaking guardians." The Award is presented to an individual(s) or entity that has demonstrated extraordinary commitment to Gregory House Programs, housing for persons with HIV/AIDS, or both. The Board selects the Kahu Mālama awardee(s) by some of the following criteria:
- Demonstrated extraordinary commitment to Gregory House Programs through financial support, advocacy or other means;
- Outstanding leadership in the community;
- Commitment to principles consistent with the mission of Gregory House Programs.
Past Award Recipients
2015: Nancy Kern
2014: Dr. Drew A. Kovach
2013: Unity Church of Hawaii
2012: State Senators Rosalyn Baker, Carol Fukunaga, and Suzanne Chun Oakland
2011: Jack Law and Dr. David McEwan
2010: Commercial Data Systems (Guy Merola and Mark Wong)
2009: Congressman Neil Abercrombie
2008: Senator Daniel Akaka
- Be a sponsor; help underwrite the event
- Donate auction items: hotel/vacation rental stays, dining certificates, jewelry or accessories, spa or salon services, limousine service, private lessons, yoga classes or artwork.
- Buy a table or buy tickets to the event
Please contact Seng by email or call 592.9041.